These one-liners pertain to self examination in and out of the God frame. I used to have a friend who liked to ask, "Do you ever think about the things you think about?" Well, most of these tidbits are the result of my thinking about the things I think about. I don't claim any special knowledge or authority for any of this work. But I know that all humans are basically alike. So, who knows, maybe you'll get a little understanding out of this page. There's another page like this I've called "Bumper Musings" that contains the same kind of "wisdom." In fact, some of the Musings are shorter versions of what's below. Please excuse the 'absolute' quality to some of these statements. They are, after all, just brief sayings, not full treatises on each subject. Think of them as Home Spinning.
- We have separate parts that NEED, sometimes, to be separated.
- Emotions as distinct, self-limiting entities; to be given (allowed) full reign through 'separation.'
- The 'line' between love and sex is when the natural arousal is intensified by intellectual WANT. [key: where is your focus? On the feeling=sex. The rest is Love.]
- Love and Sex cannot exist simultaneously; but can alternate with such ease and speed that they seem to.
- When you invite Jesus in, He throws some heavy stuff at you.
- When you 'die' for Jesus, your 'You-ness' is not lost, but your elements are enhanced and used in a new Way.
- "I don't have time." Bunk! While you're 'waiting' on God, time is all you DO have.
- All you can really spend in life is time.
- The 'Candy Store' syndrome allows time to find the level of 'control' your habitual actions exercise on you.
- Talking with yourself=the 'real' you uncovered; relief from maintaining defenses.
- Two results of prayer: 1-contact with those prayed for, 2-enriches your love for them.
- Saying "Thank you" for the love behind the incoming stimuli lets you begin, at least, to accept others' love.
You can always say it sincerely. See the Backwoods Philosopher: Help Yourself To A Thank You
- There seems to be a universal feeling of beauty attached to 'cheeking' someone.
- Love without (dreaded) commitment when receiving favors: 1-"Thank you." 2-"You made me feel good." 3-"I love you for doing _______(specifying the act). This allows you to start expressing your love without any commitments or attachments. These response help focus on the person, not the action.
- Thanks: Thank the person before the gift.
- Love Substitutes: Protection, gratitude, relief, sensuality, pity, ?????
- You are a Goal Setter. You Body is a cheerful employee. Yous are a team.
- Eliminating judgement: change "careful!" to "Focus." Non-focus is easier to take than, "You weren't careful." See the Backwoods Philosopher: Careful Stupid! for more.
- Pride in congratulations for 'puny' tasks leads to pumped up impossible goals.
- Confession: Only starts to become effective when it intrudes on physical reality. The intensity of the intrusion is directly proportional to the effectiveness of the confession. The confession spectrum starts with confessing, alone, out loud, and ends with skywriting it for the world to see.
- Doing something "for God", allows Him to steer the action in the best direction.
- Perpetuating a habit: When you decide to "lay off for a week", you are actually giving yourself permission to start up again after the week is over. It can be a trap.
- Realizing God's Love removes all self-consciousness.
- The frequency of your self-consciousness (apologetic-ness) is in direct proportion to your 'imagined' self worth.
- The only Important thing is God. Everything else is "Just" something; just a person, just a plant, etc. And His Spirit in us is the only Real Importance we can achieve in the physical reality.
- God is the only one whom you can believe, absolutely, when He says, "It's all right." 1- Because He's the only one who knows 100% what's in your head, He knows you. 2-He's the only one with the authority to make it "all right." 3-He's the only one who has the Power to make it "all right."
- Total Relief comes only from God. Humans are imperfect. That knowledge deters your total relief.
- The majority of the actions your friends and acquaintances direct at you, originate in affection and caring. Proof: Even the most innocuous looking things would probably not be done in relation to someone they disliked.
- The only thing (barrier) God hates is dis-faith; the only thing the Devil wants is dis-faith.
- God takes you as you are BUT demands that you change. You must do the same in relationships. You can't
"lay down and take it." You demand change. BUT forgive the backsliding of the other.
- Generally speaking, we are "little' Gods. We act and should act like God.
- Effective prayer asks for forgiveness of the imperfection that allowed the sin, rather than for the sin itself.
- There are NO justifiable exceptions in surrendering to God.
- Faith makes/brings physical goals without God as well as with God. BUT! Faith with God = Joy. Faith without God= pain.
- Your concepts are slaves to woefully inadequate words.
- Time is the most physical thing in our physical existence.
- You know the best goals and actions. Your Body/Brain knows best how to do the job. His function is to help You get on in the physical reality. Yous are a team. :-)
- Fear can't exist One-Day-at-a-time. It's future based.
- We love in others those things which proceed out of Love. You KNOW how much you love. That's the level of your "lovability".
- Forgiving: Sincerity in forgiveness is directly proportional to the specificity of the forgiveness. True forgiveness can only encompass that which needs forgiving.
- Fear of failure is symptomatic of, but not directly connected to, Pride.
- Deviation from God's standard results in Pain. Logic: Mental stress can always be traced to failing to perform to a standard.
- On God's Path, you can't ride the fence. Your goals must be Positive, Specific and Firm. The Devil will use the smallest loophole to do you in.
- God will only help with the things you tell Him.
- An undefined goal promotes intermediate decisions, which can lead down many untoward paths.
- Once saved, Satan cares most if you die; more than loved ones, even.
- Explaining the truth of someone's fault, 1-won't change them, 2-is never volunteered.
- The One we want least to sin against is the easiest. Why? He can't/won't tell anyone else.
- Pinpointing your strengths will reduce Pride; through the awareness that you DO have strength.
- Guilt is directly proportional to selfishness. Selfishness promotes Sin, which results in guilt.
- If you feel guilt over your abundance, perhaps it's because you aren't' giving God's portion back to Him.
- Positive judgment = negative judgment. Regardless of motivation, judgment leads to pain.
- Compulsion is a result of lack of self-esteem, which is a result of misunderstanding one's 'calling', resulting in non-productivity, which results in compulsiveness--ad infinitum.
- God can't, won't be grossed out. Your Absolute worst doesn't phase Him.
- It's the Good in you, doing the favor for the Good in the other person.
- Stating (objectively) the fact of someone's hurt is always possible and helpful (through validation), albeit the very least one can do.
- Rationalization: is never productive.
TRAPPED! Things we do that back us into corners.
- Allowing boastful exaggeration in thought can lead to the same in actions.
- Giving extraordinary weight to coincidences; changing them to Signs.
- Monitoring God's moves; just wait for the next one.
- Rationalizing that 'personalizing' an explanation of your actions isn't Pride.
- Don't' let 'pre-scripted' words enslave your concepts; explain.
- Expecting a clear/immediate answer from Jesus; He doesn't talk.
- Taking Pride in 'winning' someone to Jesus.
- Thinking it's OK to judge "well" of yourself, when you firmly believe you should never judge "poorly" of yourself.
To the Backwoods Philosopher Index page.
I love mail.